This has been the craziest few weeks. I was so excited when I received the nicest little ray of sunshine in my inbox last weekend. I was so kindly nominated by Rebecca at Keep Calm and Cake for The Liebster Award. I had seen this award on a few blogs sites, but didn’t know all about it until Rebecca’s informative post. Although this award may not be the most prestigious award in blogging history, I love that it is motivated by kindness and support of fellow bloggers. When I received the award I was very touched by the gesture.
Liebster Award Guidelines:
- Post Liebster Award logo on your blog, on your homepage, or in a post. Or all three!
- Link back to your nominator.
- Answer the ten questions given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate ten other amazing bloggers (make sure to notify them of the nomination)
- Think of ten questions for your nominees to answer.
My Liebster Questions:
1. What is your day job?
I am an elementary school teacher and I love every minute of it!
2. What do you find most challenging about blogging?
The most challenging part of blogging for me is finding enough time. It is difficult to find the time to create and post, but it is always important to find time to do things you love!
3. Do you have a favorite cookbook? What?
I don’t have a favorite cookbook. I go through phases where I cook from a specific book. But I love discovering new recipes and creating my own. I also love old family recipes. But right now I am addicted to Gina Homolka’s The Skinny Taste Cookbook.
4.Do you have a favorite type of cuisine? What?
I love food. This is a tough question. If I had to choose I would choose either Italian or Southern cuisine. I love Italian food and down home country food. Maybe I just like comfort food….is cake a cuisine?
5. Where is the most interesting place you visited?
I have visited many counties around the world. If I had to pick based on the word ‘interesting’ I would say Cristiana outside of Copenhagen,Denmark. It is such a stark contrast to the Scandanvian culture. It was such an interesting place to visit. It is a cool clash of culture. Copenhagen is also one of my favorite cities in the world, so that may have an influence too.
6.What other hobbies do you have?
Besides cooking, baking and crafting as seen here. I also love photography, hiking, watching hockey, and traveling.
7.Of which of your blog post are you most proud?
I would have to say my first one. It took me a long time to get the courage to blog. I am proud of the post and that ranch dressing recipes is one of my classics.
8. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
This is another tough question, I have so many places I want to go. I would pick somewhere in the Mediterranean.
9. If you had to choose between eating sweet or savory foods for the rest of your life, which would you choose?
Definitely savory. I love cake, but I couldn’t eat it for the rest of my life. I can’t overdo it on the sweets. I think savory would be the way to go on this one.
10. Do you have any particular goals for your blogging?
My goal was to blog at least once a month for a year. Only a few more months and I will accomplish that goal!
- Cooking Up The Pantry
- The Culinary Jumble
- Jane’s Patisserie
- One and the Same
- Love the Little Bakery
- Watkins and Co.
- Delicious City Living
- My Favourite Pastime
- What to Have For Dinner Tonight
Questions for my nominees:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What is your favorite thing to make your family or friends?
- Who is your cooking/baking inspiration?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- What is your favorite meal?
- What is your idea of happiness?
- What things do you not like to eat?
- Chocolate or Vanilla?
- What is one thing on your cooking/baking bucket list that you have not had the chance to make yet?
- What do you feel is your biggest blog accomplishment?
I hope everyone participates and please check out these bloggers! Thank you again to Rebecca for the nomination!
Here’s to the nominees,